Why SunSniffer® pays for itself
Make some assumptions and you will see, SunSniffer® is an investment with its own interest rate. Even with conservative assumptions SunSniffer® still makes the plant moreprofitable. So it actually IS an investment itself, as you can see in the brief example calculationbelow.
In this example we assume the following:
- Plant size is 2 MW
- Yield per year is around 1,800 kWh/kWp
- Feed-in remuneration is $ 4.5 Cent per kWh
- O&M costs are around $ 8 per kWp on average
- SunSniffer hardware costs for that plant would be $ 42,385.
- A very conservative assumption of yield increase made by SunSniffer® would be 2%, and O&M cost reduction of 20%.
→ But even with this conservative assumption, the investment into SunSniffer®would pay off after 6.6 years in this case - the point when additional profit starts to sum up.
→ Assuming a lifespan of 20 years, due to SunSniffer® the plant produces more than $ 128,000 additional gain!
→ Return on investment of SunSniffer® in this case is 15%! Real ROI is much higher on SunSniffer® due to worst case assumptions here.